Saturday, February 26, 2005

Another great day

Jaime and I had a better day of skiing today. We hit some blue trails on the north side of the mountain that had great views of the presidential, snow capped range. Everything went great except for some miscommunication at the ticket haus. We had purchased lift tickets the previous day, and then I went to see if we needed to do anything to ski today for free (since we got the tickets after 2:00 PM). She said something like we needed to have that done yesterday and today we would have to pay full price. Grrr! So I went back and talked to someone else. Here, the cashier thought I meant something else and everything worked out.

One of the best times we had skiing is when we decided to check out the "Meister Hut". It was a cabin on top of the mountain the appeared to have coffee. Inside we found a cute little cabin that served a good bit of food. There were two guys running the place that were hilarious! I'm not sure if it was sheer boredom or what but they entertained us with free food, jeering, human head jenga, and bussing tables on piggy back. The one guy was looking at the lights (while on piggyback) and decided they needed to change one. The whole thing met a climax when the two were heading towards the closet for a spear bulb. They narrowly avoided one beam, but the guy on top slammed into the other beam. This was hilarious and the two definitely made the best of the situation. I must say, this was incredibly entertaining!

The last part of the day I did some black diamonds while Jaime stayed on blues. I also did some "glades" which is basically skiing through the forest. Its a little technical but not fast. It was a lot of fun. All was well and I didn't fall until the very last run when screwing around on a green trail. Lucky for me, somebody got a picture of it. Awesome!

Well I need to get a shower and Jaime and I are heading back into town for some steak! There is a group of German folks here that I may try to say hi to, but it will probably end up being embarassing. Enjoy the photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home